Many people know about the shootings in Kirkwood, MO last week at City Hall and outside the Police Station. This is about 3 blocks from my new home. I just made it over to City Hall and the Police Station last night to see the luminaries that were placed ALL over Kirkwood to honor and remember those who were killed. It was very touching and humbling to see such support in this community. It was almost surreal to me to be walking by the memorials and actual locations where just a week ago, 5 people were needlessly killed and others wounded. It made me realize, in a harsh way, the level of sin in this world and yet, the level of love and goodness. As I walked those blocks just taking it all in, I decided that I need to pray more and bigger. I need to continue to pray for those I know and love, but also for those I do not know and may never know, but who are in my community, city, state, and country. Above are some pictures I took.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Touching photos. Thanks for posting them. Looks like this tragedy literally hit close to home for you.
Post a Comment