Friday, January 4, 2008

Pay it forward

Wow, a totally nice thing just happened to me! I was meeting Forrest at Kayak's to plan something coming up for the youth and I grabbed the $4 from my wallet, hopped on the metrolink and zipped over there thinking I would get a coffee and a cookie, seems reasonable for $4, right? Well, not so, I tried ordering a med coffee and cookie, nope, $4.76, then small coffee and cookie, nope, $4.23....geez, so I sheepishly asked her to just forget the cookie and I would just get a med coffee. She proceeded to get my coffee and then a cookie, and I though, "oh no, I confused her so much, she thinks I am still getting the cookie"! I tried to not take it and reminded her that I did not pay for one, and she just looked at me and said very sweetly, "don't worry about it" and smiled. i left my remaining $2.23 in her tip jar and thought about how nice that was of her! Why are their cookies $2.65? Either way, Forrest and I split it and it was yummmmmy!! Now, I have to do something nice for someone......what will it be?! I love stories like this, little everyday nice things you can do that totally make someone's day!! Very unlike my poetic justice from yesterday!!

1 comment:

hlw said...

I heart nice people.